When I had to sell my home, I was very confused about how to go about it. I was wondering if selling through an agent was the only way to sell it. So, I met a few agents to find out. I was shocked at the high commissions they charged. I did not want to share my profits with anyone. I had heard that there are methods available by which I could sell it myself. However, I did not know about these methods. I thought that there must be a more logical approach to selling. I thought, if so many people are doing it themselves it cannot be so complicated.
This when I decided to find an answer to a simple question, “ What do I need to sell my own home?”
To answer my curiosity, I started looking for information on the internet.
I found that in order to sell my home, I need:
1. An authentic property listing website.
2. High-quality photographs of my home for marketing the home
3. Accurate pricing of the home
4. I need to organise my home for sale
5. Get the house inspected
6. Negotiate and sell the house
It was quite a revelation to me that by following these simple steps I could sell my property myself. I decided to go ahead and do it.
I started looking for reliable websites for listing in Australia. One of the leading websites for real estate in Australia is Minus The Agent.
I searched the internet to understand the features of this site and how to use it.
1. I found this site to be a user-friendly site.
2. It was also easy to navigate this site.
3. Listing process was very simple. I only had to furnish my details and then select a package by paying for it.
4. I could market my property by uploading photographs, video, and information about the home.
5. The site allowed me a 24/7 access to manage my listing.
6. The site also shared my listing on other high traffic real estate portals. It also shared the listing on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
7. Minus The Agent also provided me optional additional services such as ‘ For Sale’ Boards, marketing brochure templates, etc.
8. The site provides support but also gives the seller complete control of the sale process.
9. There are no hidden charges.
10. Once listed, the property remains on the site till it is sold or until the seller wants to remove the listing.
When I found these features all my confusions were cleared. I had now found a simple way to sell my home myself. I could use the services provided by this site and sell my home without an agent. This site had all the tools to make me an independent seller. If I avoided the agent I would not have to share the profits earned from my property with anyone.