I thought, if so many people are doing it themselves it cannot be so complicated.
This when I decided to find an answer to a simple question, “ What do I need to sell my own home?”
To answer my curiosity, I started looking for information on the internet.
I found that in order to sell my home, I need:
1. An authentic property listing website.
2. High-quality photographs of my home for marketing the home
3. Accurate pricing of the home
4. I need to organise my home for sale
5. Get the house inspected
6. Negotiate and sell the house
It was quite a revelation to me that by following these simple steps I could sell my property myself. I decided to go ahead and do it.
One of the leading websites for real estate in Australia is Minus The Agent.
I searched the internet to understand the features of this site and how to use it.
1. I found this site to be a user-friendly site.
2. It was also easy to navigate this site.
I only had to furnish my details and then select a package by paying for it.
4. I could market my property by uploading photographs, video, and information about the home.
5. The site allowed me a 24/7 access to manage my listing.
It also shared the listing on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
7. Minus The Agent also provided me optional additional services such as ‘ For Sale’ Boards, marketing brochure templates, etc.
8. The site provides support but also gives the seller complete control of the sale process.
9. There are no hidden charges.
10. Once listed, the property remains on the site till it is sold or until the seller wants to remove the listing.
When I found these features all my confusions were cleared. I had now found a simple way to sell my home myself. I could use the services provided by this site and sell my home without an agent. This site had all the tools to make me an independent seller. If I avoided the agent I would not have to share the profits earned from my property with anyone.