There are many ways to go about selling property or real estate; however, selling property on your own without the help of real estate agents has become an increasing trend. The online property listing portals allow the sellers to take more control over the sale of their property now.
Property listing portals are springing up all over the world, and are now growing rapidly. Depending on which property platform you decide to use, you can sell property online virtually and all by yourself. Usually, the entire process involves posting pictures of the property and writing a clear description of the property you want to sell.
How can you be benefitted by selling property on your own?
- Selling property online comes with the benefits of not paying charges to the “man in the middle”, that is the real estate agent.
- Almost all listing portals ask a one-time fee for allowing you to list your property.
- Also, selling with such portals is comparatively easy as almost all the required instructions will be laid out on the websites.
- The sellers will have full control of the sales process. This means you can set or negotiate a price you deem right.
- When selling property through a real estate agent, you have to show the property at a time that suits them. This means you have to do things on their schedule and this might not work for everyone. However, selling property on your own gives the flexibility to arrange viewings as per your ease.
If you are interested in selling your property now then below are some helpful tips that can help you sell your property quickly:
- Make sure to clean your property from top to bottom, eliminating all clutter and mess.
- Remove all your photographs that can distract the buyers.
- Tidy the outside space such as the back garden and front of the house.
- Before the potential buyer visits your property, make sure to complete any small DIY jobs and minor repairs.
- Remove signs of pets for viewings as your potential buyer might be allergic to animals.
- Check out if your property needs any kind of repair and if it is, you should get it done immediately.
- Repair squeaky doors, drawers, leaking taps, cabinets, etc.
- Clean the windows, deck, screen doors, and exterior of the home.
- Get the house painted, both inside and outside if needed.
- Make sure there is no cluttering in any of the rooms of your house.
- Try to arrange rooms in a proper way so that it creates a better impression than unfurnished and empty rooms.
By following the above tips, you will have a better chance of attracting a buyer for your property. These tips will help you get the best price for your property and increases the chances of making a quick sale.
Minus The Agent is the leading property listing platform. We make it easy to sell your property now by providing a complete range of services from arranging advertising boards to organizing an open for inspection.