When it comes to selling a house, nothing is more likely to put potential home buyers off than walking around a home full of clutter. Consecutively, it’s important to get your home decluttered and organized before showing it to the potential home buyers. Furthermore, not only will decluttering help you sell your house faster, there is a good chance you’ll be able to sell for a higher price, as well. If one removes a lot of the clutter that has been built up over the years of collecting, one can dramatically increase the appeared size of the room. By removing the clutter, the room can open up and the buyers can envision the room with their properties in it. Besides, buyers are looking for the best, so a home for sale by owner can easily slip through the cracks if it is not in tip-top condition.
Furthermore, a clutter-free, neat home will create an excellent impression on the buyer and will help to sell it faster than ever. Read on to find out five major benefits of decluttering your home before selling it.
1. It helps buyers imagine themselves in the space- Let’s face it, buyers need to be able to imagine themselves living inside a house, so leaving up any personal items or furniture can dampen that illusion. Furthermore, clearing out all the clutter helps them see the house as a neutral space rather than one owned by someone else and gives them the opportunity to start imagining what life would be like if they lived there.
2. Makes your home look spacious and bigger- One of the major benefits of decluttering a home for sale is the fact that it makes your home look spacious and bigger. Besides, too much furniture in the home, decor and other miscellaneous items can make your place cramped, untidy and small. And needless to say, all this further makes the house look unappealing and unattractive. Furthermore, having as little around as possible will make your house appear larger and more open.
3. Uncover problems- In addition to making your home look spacious and bigger, clearing out all the clutter in your home also helps you find out problems or hazards you might not have spotted. Besides, you don’t want to find problems at the last minute, so decluttering your home and ensuring it’s prepared for viewings means getting all the odd-jobs sorted and making sure everything is in order.
4. Increases the perceived value of the house- It goes without saying, that houses with a lot of clutter tend to look like they haven’t been maintained well. Furthermore, while the house may actually be clean, if it is full of clutter, the buyers may think that it is not maintained properly. Furthermore, clutter-free homes with streamlined decor are far more appealing and give the buyers the confidence that is has been taken care of over the years. Besides, the fewer items and furniture there are around, the more upscale it will appear to be.
5. Get rid of the pests- Another reason why it’s important to declutter your home before selling it is to get rid of pests. Furthermore, if you have clutter in your house then chances are that you might have pests like ants, spiders, and rodents. Needless to say, no potential buyer will want to live in a house that has pests. By decluttering your house, you can easily spot pests in your home and exterminate them before you put your home for sale.
While these were some of the benefits of decluttering your home before selling it, there are many others, such as it keeps buyers from getting distracted among many others.