Once you’ve made the decision of listing your home up for sale without an agent, getting started is a lot easier than you think. Listing a home ‘for sale by owner’ is an option many people opt for – to save money on the transaction. When it comes to selling a house without an agent, there are many options and routes you can take. Fortunately, there are steps you can take before putting your home on the market to increase your chances of receiving a solid offer from a buyer.
All you need is a little guidance and a few tips & tricks to make sure that you are on the right path when it comes to listing your home for sale online without an agent. The websites where you post your listings and the kind of photos you include in your listing makes a ton of difference and can help you attract potential buyers.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you sell house without agent to make it a smooth transaction for you without any hassles.
Where to list your house?
These days it’s common for homebuyers to get online to find their next home purchase. Technology can eliminate the need for a realtor. You can sell house without agent by listing it on minustheagent.com.au. By adding a good description of your property and adding a few appropriate images, you can sell your home without an agent in an efficient manner. In addition to this, you can also upload videos, a virtual tour, the floor plan, etc. of the property on the website so that the potential buyer can make a well-informed decision. Plus, with Minus The Agent, you only have to make a one-time payment. Minus The Agent also assists you through every step of the sales process and shares your listing on other leading websites in Australia such as domain.com.au, realestate.com.au, and many more.
How to stage the property before listing?
– De-clutter your house and organize the space for the pictures that you are going to post online. Buyers have a positive response to the pictures of properties that are clutter-free as it allows them to focus on the actual home instead of the junk and the over-flowing closets.
– Paint the walls with some neutral colors such as whites, beiges, light greys, etc. These colors make your homes look bigger, brighter, and more welcoming. Adding a fresh coat of paint will also help cover the imperfections of your walls.
– Buy more light bulbs to ensure that all the light fixtures and lamps in your house are turned on while clicking the pictures. This ensures the potential buyers that all the electrical fixtures in your house work perfectly and it makes your house well-lit.
– Give your house a deep clean before getting photos for your online listing. Dirty floors and dusty surfaces make a bad first impression on potential buyers. To make sure your place is in pristine condition, clean the toilets, scrub the bathrooms, wipe down surfaces, mop the floors, and vacuum the rugs.
Tips for posting photos of your house
– Don’t slope the photos and make sure the roofline of your house is parallel to the photo frame. Be wary of your camera’s angle as this will make your house look level.
– Take a photo of the entrance of your house with the front door open as this will make your home look more inviting.
– Don’t include yourself in any of the photos, accidental or otherwise. Try taking the photos of your bathrooms from angles that won’t show you, your camera, or your flash.
– Make sure your photos are well lit using lamps and window light as dark photos make your house look smaller and dismal than it actually is.