Wonderful potential with an existing north and east facing property positioned on a 600 sqm block boarded by national park to the north and east perfectly positioned in the sought after suburb of Railway Estate. Home purchased with intentions to lift, build-in underneath, add wrapped deck and bedroom balconies and off-deck pool.
Owners efforts are now focused elsewhere so property, engineered plans, some quotations, survey, approved council siting relaxations and more are for sale.
Bordering national park to east and north;
Popular city fringe location offering easy access to the CBD, Palmer Street restaurant precinct, Fairfield Precinct, Cowboys Stadium, The Strand, Castle Hill, multiple playgrounds, dog off-leash park and two boat ramps, nearby walking and cycling pathways, various local convenience stores and public transport; and
Short walking distance to both Railway Estate Primary School and Townsville State High School.
The property today:
• Existing home has had original bathroom removed, kitchen sink and stove removed as well as a couple of internal walls in preparation for construction including an internal staircase. Separate toilet and plumbing still remain. The disconnected stove and sink are on-site for quick reconnection.
• Split cycle air conditioner remains. Old ‘box’ units removed.
• Downstairs offers versatile under-house use.
• External steps remain.
• New 2m high northern border fence built to survey specifications.
• Lovely cool breezes.
• Traditional features, casement windows and well maintained original hardwood timber flooring throughout.
• Original kitchen cabinets.
Some initial demolition work has begun. Property sale includes:
• Draftsman drawn and Engineered approved plans to create a two level, four bedroom, three ensuited bathrooms, powder room, multiple living areas, covered wrap around deck, raised pool and four car garage.
• Survery completed by Atkinson & Booy Surveys July 2017
• Site investigation competed by Soil Engineering Services July 2017
• Quote for preparation, raising and restumping to roof height of approx. 9m to facilitate building in underneath and extending existing upstairs living areas. (March 2018)
• Siting relaxation approved by Townsville City Council in 2018 for the wrapped deck to be positioned on the northern boundary line as per drawn plans. New relaxation approval may be needed depending on Certifier instructions.
Please email for documents or text to arrange inspection.