It goes without saying, that selling a house could be an expensive deal as real estate agents charge monumental fees for their minuscule services. Consecutively, more and more people are selling their houses on their own. Furthermore, a for sale by owner way of selling not only helps home sellers save money, but also gives the seller total control of the transaction and allows them to make their own decision that they feel will be beneficial for them. With that said, selling your house without an agent to avoid paying real estate agent’s commission can be financially appealing, but the process isn’t as easy as you might think.
Furthermore, when it comes to selling your house on your own, there are a number of factors that you need to take into consideration. Read on to find out five tips to sell your house without an agent.
1. Do the research and set a price- One of the major factors that you need to take into account when selling your home without an agent is making sure you do in-depth research and set the right price for your home. Furthermore, review comparable homes in your area that have sold recently to have a sense of what buyers will pay. In addition, research how inventory is moving as well-are homes selling quickly or listings sitting on the market? If the homes are moving slowly, you may want to price your house at a lower point to get the attention of the home buyers.
2. Clean out the clutter- Let’s face it, a cluttered home is off-putting for most home buyers, so clean out your home of any extra belongings you don’t use every day. Furthermore, don’t forget to clean out your closets, cabinets and pantry, as home buyers are sure to open doors to see what kind of storage your house offers.
3. Use online platform- Without a doubt, a crucial factor that you need to take into consideration when selling your home without an agent is making sure you advertise your house on as many of the major property websites as possible. While listing your property online, make sure you provide relevant pictures of the interior and exterior of your house. Besides, attractive display pictures and detailed description makes your chances better for a higher volume of relevant responses.
4. Staging- In today’s highly competitive real estate market, a beautiful home alone simply isn’t enough to make the sale. Furthermore, if the house isn’t properly staged to highlight its natural beauty, buyers will simply move on to the next property. Taking the time to stage your home will help it set it apart from the rest. Regardless of the market condition, staging can not only raise the value and price of a home, but it can also help it sell faster.
5. Keep your home clean- A clean home shows buyers that you have a well kept and well cared for house. Furthermore, make sure you properly clean the house before showing off your home to the potential buyers. In addition, pay extra attention to the bathroom and kitchen as these areas harbor the most dirt.
While these were some of the tips and tricks for selling your home without an agent, there are many others, such as inspect the house, make minimal home improvements among many others.