Getting a house ready for sale requires a lot of care, but even more so in a buyer’s market. Considering the fact that there are more homes for sale than there are people shopping for houses in a buyer’s market, it gives the buyers the bargaining power, because many property listings are competing with each other to grab the attention of relatively few people. With that said, even though selling your own home in a buyer’s market can be tricky, it isn’t impossible. If sellers make the right preparations before putting their house on the market, they can help ensure that their home finds a buyer regardless of the market.
Not to mention, you have to take into consideration a number of factors when selling your home in a buyer’s market. Read on to find out five tips to sell your home in a buyer’s market.
1. Clean equals green-When it comes to selling a house fast in a buyer’s market, nothing is more likely to put potential home buyers off than walking around a home full of clutter. Furthermore, make sure you clean and de-clutter the home before showing off your house to the potential buyers. Also, pay extra special attention to the kitchen as well as bathroom as these areas harbor the most dirt.
2. Price matters-In a buyer’s market, pricing your house above its market value can be a costly mistake. Furthermore, not only will it put off buyers initially, but subsequent price changes that are recorded on property websites have been proved to put people off even further. Furthermore, constantly changing your house price will create a negative impression about your property and will show buyers that either you are a difficult seller or there is something wrong with the house, or both. Needless to say, be realistic about what you could get and stick to that one asking price.
3. Be an aggressive home seller-Let’s face it, waiting for the home buyer to come by will not get you anywhere. You need to go all out to spread the word. From putting up a for sale sign to listing your property online on property listing websites, do everything in your power to sell your house quickly.
4. Make your first impression count-It goes without saying, that first impressions are everything if you want to sell your house fast. Furthermore, do your best to make sure the property looks as inviting as possible. Besides, it doesn’t have to cost a fortune to plant a few flowers, tidy up the garden and cut the grass.
5. Buy a home warranty-Without a doubt, offering a home warranty when selling a house is an effective way to garner interest in your home, especially from first-time buyers, who might be worried about future repair expenses. On average, homes under warranty sell faster than homes that don’t and they can also cause the house to sell for more money in some cases.
While the buyer’s market is not the best time to sell your own home, if you spend some time and effort in creating that perfect atmosphere for your house and keep in mind the above-mentioned tips and tricks, you will be able to sell your home in no time.