Channon View is a rare opportunity for a treechange or upgrade. This beautiful 31 hectare property boasts 2 separately metered residences set at the end of a quiet country lane located only 2 km from the delightfully community minded village of Dunoon.
An hour and a bit from the Gold Coast Airport, 20 minutes to Lismore, 35 minutes to Byron . Good quality urban and rural professional services are within easy reach of this extremely private property.
Both residences on this enchanting property enjoy views over the Channon Valley that never get old. See breathtaking sunsets, enjoy enchanted mornings over breakfast as the mist rises from the creeks at the bottom of your land.
Both houses have been recently renovated and are in excellent condition, they are sited in elevated positions and are easy to defend from fire.
Approximately 50% of the land is cleared and fenced. Two paddocks that are currently fallow have been used for grazing and cropping in the past. The remaining area is forested.. Koalas, g oannas, wallabies, bandicoots and a wide range of birds call this place home, platypus inhabit the creek at the bottom of the property.
There are many development opportunities here to pursue either singly or in combination:
· Kick back and enjoy the place as your own private eco retreat as is, using the second house as guest quarters.
· Regenerate the open paddocks as forest, your contribution to environmental sustainability, grow trees, wildlife and insects.
· Rent out the second house (expected return $320pw).
· Develop the property as a tourist destination, local regulations allow up to 5 self contained cabins to be built. There is an existing Council approval for a third residence. (is this true, 5 more? Or is it 5 residences total).
· A water extraction license of ? megalitres of potable water from Little Rocky Creek together with existing pump and piping means ample water for household use, animals and irrigation.
· Return the excellent volcanic soils to cropping. Dunoon is the Macadamia capital of Australia, Blueberries, Lemon Myrtle and medicinal herbs are widely grown in the area.
The healthy grove of pines adjacent to the main house indicate the ground could easily support a timber plantation. This is good cattle fattening country, improve the pastures for grazing or adjistment. A great place for horses. Both Rocky Creek and Little Rocky Creek frontages have swimming holes. Domestic Amenities:
· 4 bedrooms, upstairs 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, master with ensuite. Plus an outdoor shower.
· Downstairs granny flat has a large bedroom, sitting room and a 3rd bathroom. Ideal for guests or convert to a home office or studio.
· NBN wireless in line of sight to the tower (the tower is not prominent in the view).
· Covered decks on three sides
· Fireplace and air conditioning
· Granite benchtops in well appointed kitchen with quality appliances
· 2 carports plus a double lockable garage
· Low watt LED lighting throughout
· Add solar and you are completely off grid.
Two bedrooms One bathroom Well appointed kitchen Covered verandah Low watt LED lighting throughout Ample parking for numerous cars Great guest accommodation, a rental property or use as a large art or craft studio. Phone enquiry code for this property : 2432