Is your house on market for too long? Are you having trouble attracting a buyer? If your home has been on the market for more than a month and is receiving no viewings or has received fewer than five, unless it’s a very niche property, it is likely something is putting buyers off. Besides, home buyers are looking for the best, so a home for sale by owner can easily slip through the cracks if it is not advertised properly and is not in tip-top condition. While you can’t force your house to sell, there are things you can do to quickly sell a home that isn’t selling.
Furthermore, there are a number of factors that you need to take into consideration when selling a house that isn’t selling. Here are five effective ways to adjust your home-selling strategy to attract more home buyers and finally get your house sold.
1. Reduce price- One of the most effective ways to sell a house that isn’t selling is by reducing the asking price. Even if you are willing to negotiate on price, a property that is listed too high will be a big turnoff for a lot of potential buyers. By dropping it by a few percent, it could attract more home buyers. Furthermore, in many cases, you may then have to negotiate less, which could result in a similar net sales price.
2. Advertise properly- While technology and the Internet have made it easy to list real estate for sale online, you need to pack a greater punch to get buyers to take notice of your property when you are having a hard time selling it. From advertising your home on as many of the major property websites as possible to marketing your home for sale on social media, make sure you leave no stones unturned in terms of advertising your property. In addition, you should also distribute flyers and even put an advertisement in the local newspaper. Furthermore, this will allow you to reach out to more people and so, there will be chances of more offers.
3. Buy a home warranty- It goes without saying, that offering a home warranty when selling a home is an effective way to garner interest in your house, especially from first-time home buyers, who might be worried about future repair expenses. On average, properties under warranty sell faster than homes that don’t and they can also cause the house to sell for more money in some cases.
4. Depersonalize- While it might be comforting to have your family photos on the wall, it’s most likely repelling the buyers. Remember that you are not selling the house to yourself, you are selling ti to other people. For increasing the chances of selling the house, you should get rid of all the personal items in the house.
5. Spruce up your home- Another major reason homes do not sell is because they need some updating and minor cosmetic adjustments. Furthermore, if potential home buyers have looked at your home and there is still no interest in purchasing it, make sure you find out what the general opinion is. If it is not the price, then more than likely it is the shape of the house or some minor improvements you need to make. Furthermore, painting a few rooms, or even staging your house in a different way can generate interest and cause buyers to take a second look.
While these were some of the things to do if your house isn’t selling, there are many others, such as take professional photos, offer incentives to buyers among many others.