Let’s face it; selling your house can be a daunting task, especially if it’s your first time. From dealing with inspections and the constant stream of potential buyers to doing paperwork for the first time, selling a property now can drain your energy and eat up days on end. Fortunately, there are a number of things you can do to prepare, ensure a smooth process and an optimal outcome on the sale.
With the right planning and preparation, you will greatly increase your chances of selling the house quickly and for more money. Here are just a few proven strategies all first-time home sellers should keep in mind when putting their houses on the market.
1. Set a realistic price- Your home asking price can make or break your sale! If you price it too high, home buyers will initially pass over it. On the other hand, setting it at a price that’s too low means that you may not even get the money that the house is worth. Furthermore, it is important to determine the realistic price of your home if you want to attract genuine home buyers.
2. Organize and clean all rooms- When selling a house, hire a professional cleaning company to clean high-traffic rooms, particularly those with carpets. Furthermore, get rid of the clutter on shelves, tables and countertops, especially in kitchens and bathrooms. Besides, the less clutter you have, the more spacious and welcoming your house will appear.
3. Use online platforms- If you are selling your house, having online visibility for your property is key, because that’s where buyers look first. Furthermore, most home buyers look on the Internet for a house they like and then drive to the home for a quick look. They will then contact the seller of the property if they are still interested. Consecutively, if you want to market your house to the whole world, you need to advertise your property on as many of the major property web portals as possible.
4. Clean the outside- No matter how beautiful the interior of your house looks, if your property does not look good from the outside, odds are you won’t be able to sell your property quickly. Consecutively, it is important to make home buyers feel warm, welcome and safe as they approach the property. Furthermore, spruce up your house’s exterior with brightly colored flowers as well as inexpensive shrubs.
5. Make necessary repairs- While making repairs may seem like an unnecessary expense when selling your home, these repairs, especially to rooms like the bathrooms, living room and kitchen can really increase the asking price of your property and maximize your profits. Not to mention, having your house in move-in condition will increase the interest in your home and will help you sell your house quickly.
If you’ve never sold a house before, navigating the real estate process as a seller will be a challenging experience. Arming yourself with the above-mentioned tips and tricks will help you to sell your property quickly and for the highest possible price.